This question has been well answered by many but still doesn't provide enough traffic to create good income or at least helps to get index by Google. What seems to be the problem? Am I doing the right thing? Does I have some lacking in some areas, like content building, the over-all look of my blog. Does the frequency of posting a topic makes my blog more appealing to search engine?
I have here some tips for you that in my observation can help your blog get good PageRank:
1. Be original - The most important is to have original content, no matter how gibberish or inapt some of your topic for as long as it's about your personal experiences that's good. You will get PageRank in about a month or two, though it might not be as high as what want to get but having zero PageRank is better than getting n/a or not index at all.
2. Simple Layout - First impression last. That's one thing that as a blogger need to consider. Be sure that when your blog starts to load on the browser you already get the attention of the reader. Though Flash-made website is sleek it doesn't have enough "ummph" to get Google wowed. Google wants something that has relevant content and it provides useful information to readers.
3. Link Building - Sharing links with other bloggers also help promote your blog in so many ways. For one if someone visit the site where you have your links with chances of getting a visit from that is considerably high. Also Googlebot will be able to identify that and much better if you link with others that already have good PageRank. In that way Googlebot will know somehow that your blog does really exist.
4. Submit to Search Engines - If you already have some contents on your blog, submitting it to Top Search Engine allows your blog to get crawl more often. Google crawls each website on the internet randomly and if you already have your site submitted on Top Search Engines then chances of getting crawl is high.
5. Update - Is this really important on blogging. Yes, updating more often can trigger Googlebot that you have something going on your blog. It attracts the attention of Googlebot that you can provide some useful information.
These are just my observation or should I say "my one cent" after sometime of observing how to get index and at the same time have good PageRank.