Wednesday, July 15

How to change Blogger Favicon

I recently change my Blogger Favicon to a new one with a gold coin in a green basket. 1 I just saw this image on the web and I find it very fitting with my green theme and at the same time it’s a coin which symbolizes “one cent”. As you can see on the left side of the address field where you indicate the URL it’s already different from the usual Blogger Favicon to my customize one. I decided to change it so that it would have some kind of personalize touch to my blog. I’m not sure if it’s appealing to others but for me I say it’s unique and cool.

If you decide to change yours, I have some useful tips that you can apply. First, you have to choose what image of Favicon you want to indicate. It would be better if it has something to do with what type of blog niche you discuss. Then if you already have your chosen Favicon go to http://www.iconj.com/generator.php where it creates a Favicon for you and gives the facility to host it for free too. After you have uploaded your image, you will be given a URL where you will indicate on your code.

Now go to your blog go to Layout ~ Edit HTML. Then search for this code:

<title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title>,

you can easily find it by key-in Ctrl-F then paste the code.

Just after that line add the following code:

<link href='your url' rel='shortcut icon' type='image/x-icon'/>

the ’your url’ is the URL you got from uploading your Favicon on iconj. Then save your template and refresh your site, you will then see the new Favicon.

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Avida San Lazaro, Manila Condominium for Rent