It was a surprising Record high for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie after all the negative reviews about the movie. It's evident that those negative reviews creates more curiosity for the viewer to see for themselves if the movie was good or bad. A lot has been said that after they watched the movie, they were kinda disappointed with the plot of the story for the reason that some of the scene from the book was not seen on the movie. Well, nothing beats an effective advertising strategy and the special effects that the movie has done. As a matter of fact the movie top the chart for the July 17 - 19, 2009 viewing dates. Here's the top 5 movie listed in yahoo charts.
1. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - $79.5 ($159.7 million)
2. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs - $17.7 million ($152.0 million)
3. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $13.8 million ($363.9 million)
4. Bruno - $8.4 million ($49.6 million)
5. The Hangover - $8.3 million ($235.9 million)