20 Ways to Inner Peace
1. Learn to let go of the past.
Letting go of the past is not as easy as you may think of it. I know for a fact that it's easier said than done. But forgiving is a best cure to bitterness. I myself is a victim of these suckling feeling that weakens your soul and deepens into the core of your bones. I'm still struggling but what it's important is you try your best to let go of the bad feelings and surely forgiveness is on it's way.
2. Live for today.
Life can be cruel at times, eventhough we thought of it that it's not, but it will surely makes it's way for you to realize that life is not always a paradise, wherein you simply live each day filled with happiness and blissful but rather a journey full of ups and downs, a road of bumps, a stormy seas and treacherous mountains. Nevertheless what we need to do is never take life too seriously, life is already a serious matter don't overdo it.
3. Don't sweat the little things, and 99% of everything is little if you view it that way.
Come to think of it, it's really true that if you take life too seriously it bites deep. You will feel restless and agitated all the time. It makes you feel and look old. I know you don't want that to happen?!
4. Find quiet time for yourself every single day without fail. You deserve it.
I must admit that I'm selfish about this. I always make sure that I have the day with myself doing nothing just a mere of taking time-out with so much talking and hassle. It works for me and I know it will also work for you..It works when you want to have a blissful feeling inside just for a few minutes or even hours. It's a quick escape for everything.
5. Raise your awareness level. Look at flowers, the sunset, your kids at play...
Time flies so fast without us knowing it was already gone. Things change rapidly, people come and go and even us do. So it's better to take time-off, have time to smell the good morning breeze and be conscious about it. Give time to play with your kids and have some good laugh or should I say Laugh out Loud (LOL).
6. Spend quiet time with peaceful people in peaceful places.
I couldn't agree more on how these will help you to be peaceful. Positiveness is contagious. Always be with positive people. All of a sudden you will infected by the positive aura of happy people.
7. Eliminate every stress or that you possibly can from life.
The best thing that you need to undestand about yourself is how much pressure can you handle? Don't push yourself too hard that might put you to a brick of falling apart and being burnout.
8. Find something that you enjoy doing and do it, even if you think you may not look dignified while doing it.
It's a self-explanatory statement. But don't be too harsh about it. There are times that we already stuck in a situation that we cannot get out, all we need to learn is acceptance and believing that at the end of the day you will realize the beauty of your situation you are into.
9. Laugh a lot, try to do it everyday.
Laughing is not enough but rather laugh on the top of your lungs. To the point that you already had a teary-eyed because of incessant laugh. Try to watch comedy movie. It's a quick fix for you!
10. Count your blessings every night before you go to sleep.
I'm a bit guilty about this. I must admit that I seldom count my blessings every night or at least recollecting the activities of each day that had pass. It's really important to make sure that every time you go to sleep you try to remember the bad and most especially the good things that had happen to you the whole day. You have to be thankful that another day has pass and you're still alive and you still able to talk to your family, friend and special someone. There's nothing more happy in the world than the person who can still breath.
*Tips: Nowhere can man find a quieter or more untroubled retreat than in his own soul.
by: Marcus Aurelius (121 - 180)
Roman emperor and philosopher.
11. Find some grass and sit on it. lean your back against a tree. Listen to the birds singing and daydream.
I would suggest going to park or better yet if you have a budget go to zoo or even at the beach. This will surely give you a blissful mind and it's a good de-stressing habit.
12. Read peaceful books, listen to music and play peaceful games.
There' nothing more appropriate to do if you want to have a peaceful mind is to read a book in a quiet place or even do it outdoor where there's a beautiful scenery like trees and in the garden. Try not to hear loud music or even playing games with a lot fighting.
13. Learn, for once and for all that no one can disturb your peace unless you allow them to.
Peace of mind is hard to achieve if you have a disturbed mind. A mind without it's own conviction is like a balloon full of air. That can easily pollute or influence. We all know that we are living in a crazy world, things change so fast. Don't always follow the flow, you might loose your way to where you really going. Don't let other people corrupt or infest your mind with bad things.
*Tips: A man is happy so long as he chooses to be happy and nothing can stop him.
by: Alexander Solzhenitsyn (1918 - )
14. Forget trying to control others; it will never work.
Don't be a control freak! It will surely never work since each of us has distinct personality and has the ability to decide for our own. Trusting and believing that, that person has the capability to decide on his own and he can managed his own life for the goodness of himself, is important act to achieve peace of mind.
15. Establish a dialogue with someone greater than yourself. Talk to the creator and listen for the reply.
It depends upon your beliefs and religion. What is important is that you believe on something higher than anyone of us, the one who created the things that we see, hear and touch.
16. Tell every single person that you care about you feel. These does not mean that you have to tell each person what you feel no matter how absurb it was. What it needs to be done is to tell every single person that you care about how you feel. So that they would realize that you're a person who has a sensitive and loving heart.
17. Forgive any and every one who has ever hurt you.
It's easier said than done, but no one is perfect each of us make mistake, only that one has more mistake than the other, nevertheless what it needs to be done is to forgive our enemy and you will attain peace of mind.
18. Let go of ecpectations.
Putting pressure on yourself would do no good, although you may be able to achieve things by having expectations but these won't last. You will slowly loose your energy and the least that will happen is you may not see the results that you're expecting. And as a result you will have a guilt feeling and dissapointment. So better yet try not to be too hard on yourself, learn to slow down a bit and try to live for today.
19. Stop and think before you talk. You will spend a lot less time having to eat your words.
There's nothing more fierce than the word from our mouth. We can hurt other people just by saying bad words to that person. So watch every word that you drop and at least try not to be too cocky. Be careful too say something which you do not mean, you might end up eating your words and other people might not believe in you anymore.
20. Make today be the best day possible, and the future will take care of itself one day at time.
It's more appropriate to say " Start the day right and you will see a brighter day", agree?. Although there are times that we will encounter bad day, make an attempt to find the beauty of the day, see how beautiful the sunshine, find people smiling, look at the flowers or birds humming. In those little things that you see outside, that will make a big difference.
derived from: The Ritans, June 2008
*Microsoft ® Encarta ® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation.